Saturday, December 4, 2010

Barbaric Yawp

Today I received writer's guidelines from Barbaric Yawp magazine. I plan on sending them a copy of "The Last Day," which I hope will fit the needs of their magazine. Other than that, I sent out a letter requesting guidelines to another magazine, which I hope to get a reply from shortly. I'm also still waiting for a response from Cutting Edge magazine.

I've been fleshing out an idea for another story in my head. this one might end up being another short one, I'm not sure yet. I've only got the bare bones of it worked out, and don't plan on putting anything to paper until I've worked it out more fully. This one, unlike several of my other stories, will be straight-out Sci Fi. Other stories I've written include things like psychics or magic. This one, however, is going to be a lot "harder," which should broaden my possible venues to magazines I've hesitated to submit to in the past. Hopefully I'll have it completed soon, and get begin shopping it out. In the meantime, I'm still looking at magazines to send my other stories to. Hopefully one will get a bite eventually.

-E. Maxfield Moen

No comments:

Post a Comment