Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Holy Moley

I can't believe how much I've slacked off here. I haven't written anything in the better part of a year. I'd like to say I've been busy in real life, and that was true for certain periods here and there, but the sad fact of the matter is that I got lazy. And I have no good excuse for that. Looking back at everything I said in my last post in December about putting my nose to the grindstone makes me really feel like a heel.

The good news is, I have done some work on my writing in the last couple days. I completed a revision I wanted to make to "Little Lucy," and now I'm going to go through the rest of the story. No major rewriting just yet, I want to work out any continuity issues that might be in there, then go over the whole thing with a fine-toothed comb. On my third draft, I'm going to work on tightening the whole thing up. I spotted a lot of sentences that went on too long.

I haven't decided yet, but I think I want to go with a more beige prose for this story. Concise sentences, no flowery language. But I also want the story to be more lighthearted than the other stuff I've sent out so far. And when I think beige prose, I generally think of things like Spenser books, or Rorschach from Watchmen. Not exactly lighthearted fare. I guess I'll just have to see how it looks when I'm done.

While I'm doing that, I still haven't sent out "Where Do We Go From Here" liked I'd planned on doing. I'll definitely have to do that before too long.

-E. Maxfield Moen

No comments:

Post a Comment