Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Shot In The Arm

Well, getting two rejections in one day seems to have been the elixir I needed to get back to work. After writing my last blog, I got down to finishing my current story. I took a quick glance at it when I was done, and can see a lot of revision will be necessary. I changed my mind about a point or two about partway through, leaving the end product a bit confused and inconsistent. I think I've come to a decision about which way I want to go, so I'm going to work on the next draft with that in mind.

I'm also trying to decide if I should send "Long and Short" over to Intergalactic Medicine Show. I'm not sure if it's the kind of thing they're looking for. I think I'll read a couple more issues of that magazine before deciding. In any case, there's a couple suggestions the editors of Leading Edge gave me for the story, and I should give them some thought before sending "Long and Short" anywhere else.

I haven't heard from Leading Edge yet regarding my latest submission to them, though I won't be surprised if that takes another month. Space and Time Magazine's website still says they're closed for submissions, so there's no point in sending anything their way. Aside from that, I'm going to start researching more places to send my work to. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the key is persistence. I don't plan on giving up any time soon.

-E. Maxfield Moen

No comments:

Post a Comment