Friday, June 10, 2011

Another rejection

Well, I heard from Barbaric Yawp today. It was a brief note written in the corner of the letter I'd sent with my story. The editor must have liked it at least somewhat, because he says my story made it to the "final cut." That's good to know, at least it wasn't rejected out of hand. He also asked me to send another. I'm thinking I'll send him the one I'm working on once I'm satisfied with it.

I've been thinking about submitting a story to Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show, which is an e-zine. the main thing holding me back is probably a little silly. I wanted to check out an issue before submitting, to get an idea of what they're looking for, but the site only offers yearly subscriptions. It's only $15.00, and I should be able to read the magazine on my eReader. I don't have a compatible reader, but I do have a program which the site says will be able to convert the format to a version I can use.

I think I'll give it a shot. If it turns out that the magazine doesn't seem like it'd be a good fit for me, I'm only out $15. And the fiction should be entertaining.

I haven't heard back from one magazine I sent a Query Letter to last year, Outer Darkness. It's been so long I can't even remember what story I had in mind to send them. Maybe I didn't have any, and I was waiting for a response to my Query Letter to get an idea.

Well, that's all the news I have for now. Hopefully in the next week or so I'll be sending out a couple more stories. Till then, good night and good luck.

-E. Maxfield Moen

No comments:

Post a Comment